Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Paracosms

Sometimes I wish my imagination was stronger. Not in the sense that I have difficulty with original thought or that I find it hard to visualize things, just in the sense that I can never truly immerse myself in my imagination so much as to forget the reality that's going on around me. I want to live in my imagination, I want to see Wonderland not just in my head, but in front of my eyes. I want to read myself into a book and make my past life seem like a faded dream. I want to close my eyes, and when I open them, see dragons in sky and faeries at the bottom of my garden. The world is a beautiful place yes, the world sometimes even surpasses the paracosms existing inside your mind. The world is amazing, but your imagination knows no bounds, the only limits it knows are the ones you yourself wrap around it. The world does have limits, limits beyond any one persons control. It's a pity that the longer and harder you look at the world around you, the less beautiful it gets. Under the surface there is a sea of problems, seeping through the soil and slowly saturating the beauty that once existed everywhere. My view is not one of pessimism, nor am I giving up and saying that the world is falling down with nothing below it to catch it. No, the world is beautiful, the only ugly thing about it is ugly people. I know if I can fix the world,  fixing it should be my first priority, not abandoning a sinking ship to live inside my thoughts. But awareness can be a burden. Ignorance is truly bliss. You want to know, but when you do you'll wish you didn't. But instead of seeing it as a curse, you should see it as an opportunity. An opportunity to change things, change the world. Not any one person can do this, but if we work together, perhaps living in your imagination mightn't be so far out of reach. Perhaps with the right people, the right time and the inspiration to kick start it, the world will offer a place to live that isn't so different from the world in my head. One can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment